Serendipity Crew Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Serendipity Crew Forum

Skyeblue is your Master

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Duty Navigation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tomrizzo
Legendary
Tomrizzo

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2007-05-12

Duty Navigation Empty
PostSubject: Duty Navigation   Duty Navigation Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2007 2:05 am

You say "It's Impossible", I say "I'm Tomrizzo."

But they point is, everyone here can get Ultimate in Duty Navigation if they're know how to effectively play the puzzle.

Duty Navigation

1) Don't build combos, just make clears as fast as you can.

2) It might be harder to get anything better than a fine on short voyages, I suggest charting a longer voyage and staying on the helm the whole time.

3) Make sure you have 1 of each color per ring.
Duty Navigation 300px-Duty_navigation_tutorial_plate_12

4) Rather than fill in the rings as you go, try to fill in the constellation as quickly as possible.

5) Again, speed is a large factor in your score, learn to use your spacebar effectively to make quicker clears.

Barnacle! I misplaced a Piece I wanted!

Yes, we all do this. From what I know I can tell you this to prevent it.
1) Look at the TOP OF THE WHEEL COMPASS. If you want it to go right, press "Right Arrow" and if you want it to go left, press the "Left Arrow".

In this picture I would look at the top of the compass, and realize I need to press "Right" to make it complete the Constellation.
Duty Navigation Dnavarrows

Inversely, this is the OPPOSITE ON THE BOTTOM OF THE COMPASS. Meaning, if you look at the bottom of the compass, and you want a piece to go RIGHT, you hit left. This may sound difficult at first, but you'll understand quickly with practice.

Ack! How am I supposed to solve this one?
Duty Navigation 300px-Duty_navigation_tutorial_plate_9

Yeah, these are incredibly frustrating and more than anything they make you want to give up and leave the puzzle. But, here's some things to remember and also a cute way to solve them with a Double Very Happy
(Edit: Thanks YPPedia for these images, because I couldn't screen cap it while solving it.)
Duty Navigation 300px-Duty_navigation_tutorial_plate_10

Because the WHITE TRIPLE is the last piece to lock into it's position, it will NOT clear the bottom row, and you will have completed the puzzle.
Duty Navigation 300px-Duty_navigation_tutorial_plate_11

Yarr! So ye think my guide sucks? Good! Watch these Videos:

Scarrymuffin's Duty Navigation Basics Contains Audio too!

Muffynz's Much Much Better Duty Navigation Video I like his method better than Scarymuffin

Rixi's Techno-Duty-Parrrty? She does a wonderful job, even over crazy techno music.
Back to top Go down
Crabcake
Awesome Admin
Crabcake

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Duty Navigation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duty Navigation   Duty Navigation Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 12:05 am

Tom's tips are top notch as always I guess there are a few things I can add.

Be careful about accidentally clearing things you want to keep.

If you have difficulty seeing how the piece will relate to the others after you rotate it back it may help to count the spaces between the falling stars.

Fixing a incorrect star.
OK say you have a red star places in a blue slot on the bottom row. In the second row you want a red and blue piece right next to each other. That way you can clear out the wrong star and replace it without having to worry about the right star falling.
Back to top Go down
http://www.livejournal.com/users/mouse2cat/
Skelaton
Mod
Skelaton

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Duty Navigation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duty Navigation   Duty Navigation Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 3:48 am

Yeah i agree CC. Tom always has the best help guides
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ianasellars
Crabcake
Awesome Admin
Crabcake

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Duty Navigation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duty Navigation   Duty Navigation Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 1:39 pm

Very Happy

Now if you plan on playing the Duty Nav puzzle in conjunction with memorizing the ocean I would direct you to my page on Solo Memming in the Officer Manual

http://officermanual.googlepages.com/goingsolo
Back to top Go down
http://www.livejournal.com/users/mouse2cat/
Skelaton
Mod
Skelaton

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Duty Navigation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duty Navigation   Duty Navigation Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 11:57 pm

yeah i read some of that link it is good and i learned some thinks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ianasellars
Sponsored content

Duty Navigation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duty Navigation   Duty Navigation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Duty Navigation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Serendipity Crew Forum :: Puzzle tips?-
Jump to: